Monday 22 July 2013

Board meeting of UiS attended October 2012

On October 5th 2012 I took part in my first board meeting for the University of Stavanger.

The agenda included: 
  • establishment, restructuring and discontinuation of studies (where the discussion resulted in establishment of a new master degree in documentary production, against the recommendation of the university director)
  • limits (number of study places) for admissions in the academic year 2013/2014 [where I did not object to the university director's recommendation to prolong the web-based bachelor in nursing for another year, against the Department of health studies' and the faculty's expressed desire]
  • employment structure for teaching and research staff (where my statements and questions resulted in the (oral) assurance that only externally financed positions may be pure research positions)
  • and reorganization of the 200+ strong Division for shared resources ("Felles ressurssenter") (which I supported).
[This is part of my catch-up blogging]

See also:

No comments: