Monday 11 February 2013

Book proposal on how to write exam papers

In the beginning of January I contacted the Norwegian publishing house Cappelen Damm Akademisk, whose representative would soon visit University of Stavanger's Department of Health Studies, concerning an idea for a book. I met with this editor soon thereafter, and in the beginning of February I submitted a project description. 

The book, which would be about how to write exam papers in introductory philosophy, has been work-titled Tankestreker [dashes, or literally 'lines of thought' in Norwegian] or alternatively Hvordan skrive godt - med hode og hjerte [How to write well - with head and heart]. I came up with the idea after having graded close to 1,000 exam papers the last few years. The book would be partly based on my 90-minute course in academic writing.

No comments: