Wednesday 1 June 2011

Philosophy business: In minus

Yesterday I had to do my tax returns report (in Norwegian: selvangivelse). Since I am registered with a private (personal, actually) commercial company, Spør Filosofen ("Ask the Philosopher"), I simultaneously calculated the revenues, costs and profits (sic) of my company.

The outcome (for the year 2010):

Revenues, in total: 4.000 NOK
Costs, in total: 12.875,20 NOK
Profits: -8.875,20 NOK

In US dollars:

Revenues, in total: 748 USD
Costs, in total: 2.407 USD
Profits: -1.659 USD

Costs included maintaining a webpage, travel and accommodation in relation to promo-meetings, and advertising on Facebook and Google. Revenues originated from two assignments locally (in the Kristiansand area), one being a talk on the future of the global growth economy, the other a lecture and more for an international group of (exchange) students.

Some day I'll be rich. No kidding.

No comments: