Friday 22 November 2019

Writing plan for Spring 2020 composed; fewer conferences next summer

In consequence of my more busy work life now that I am Vice Dean for Research, I have, already, scheduled article writing days for next Spring. Counting 53 writing day as of now (with 2 writing days from home each week as the rule), this is the highest number of writing days I have planned for a semester so far. This Spring my research time was too pressed by the Vice Dean role; this autumn I have protected it a bit more strictly.

It also makes a difference that whereas I attended no less than 5 conferences etc. within five weeks June-July this year, I intend to attend fewer conferences next summer. For now I am just planning attending a symposium in May (invited) and 3 conferences next year (one in July, one in August, one in October, the latter invited). I am open to more if exciting opportunities show up, but don´t want to have as busy a summer next year as I had in 2019 - something that also meant I hardly had time to write this June.

No comments: