Thursday 4 April 2024

Citation stats for Department of social studies, UIS - #7 at department, #117 at UIS overall; most-cited philosopher

I´ve had a look at the most cited scholars at University of Stavanger´s Department of social studies, where I work, according to Google Scholar. All 453 University of Stavanger profiles can be found in ranked order here. With 1088 citations, I currently rank as #7 at Department of social studies, and as #117 at University of Stavanger overall.

I am the 4th most-cited Professor at Department of social studies, after Head of department and Professor Kolbjørn Brønnick (#5 at University of Stavanger overall), Professor Sarah Hean (#40 at University of Stavanger overall) and Professor Nicolay Gausel (#67 at University of Stavanger overall). 

Of the 10 most-cited scholars at Department of social studies, 8 work in psychology. The only exceptions on the top 10 are Sarah Hean and myself. Five scholars from my department feature among the 100 most-cited scholars at University of Stavanger - these are: Kolbjørn Brønnick, Sarah Hean, Nicolay Gausel, Bianka Karshikoff (#80 at University of Stavanger overall) and Lilla Magyari (#97 at University of Stavanger overall). Danilo Garcia is the second-most cited scholar at the department, but does not yet have a University of Stavanger profile at Google Scholar. Altogether I am one of 11 scholars at Department of social studies who feature among the University of Stavanger´s 200 most-cited scholars.

I appear to be the most-cited philosopher at University of Stavanger.

No comments: