Friday 6 January 2023

Done as Head of department

Yesterday I had my final day as Head of department at Department of social studies, University of Stavanger (at Faculty of social sciences). I have hold the post since January 1st 2021, and was originally supposed to stay in the post until the end of 2024. However, on October 5th, 2022, I resigned (see the post "Quitting as head of department at UIS"), after increasing sleep problems (for a first sign, see the post "All appointments cancelled due to work-/stress-related sleep deprivation" from May 2022). Spread out over October - November - December I had about one month of sick leave altogether due to stress-related sleep deprivation issues.

Among the things I got done yesterday was deciding the action plan (handlingsplan) for the department for the period 2023-2026 (in effect a revision of the plan for 2022-2025). I also made a decision about not using supervisors for bachelor theses and master theses as internal examiner starting next academic year.

From today onwards, I am back in my ordinary position as Professor of philosophy.

No comments: