Sunday 4 March 2012

Stavanger: Meeting on the bachelor in nursing; looking for ways to "learn to learn"

Last Tuesday in Stavanger I took part in a department meeting on the bachelor in nursing. This is a meeting which is held quite regularly and routinely - but it was the first time I attended, after I started as an Associate professor at Department of Health Studies January 1st. It is useful to get an impression of the discussions that occur at the department.

My contribution in this round was limited to pointing out the students' need for "learning how to learn" (which might or might not be related to learn how to write academically), possibly in connection with Examen Philosophicum (which I am responsible for for the time being). In the minutes of the meeting it is stated that I will look into how this is done at other faculties. If I find that there are (or have been) good practices that we can learn from, I will be welcome to make proposals for adopting such at our department.

No comments: