Friday 30 August 2013

NAV messes up again - pay for parental leave 3 months late, AGAIN

The parental leave I have had so far, this Spring, has been rewarding - but the pay I'm entitled to according to Norwegian law has only exceptionally been paid in due time. First, it took 3 months into the parental leave before I received anything at all. In May I had some correspondence with NAV, the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration, and they made some formal changes to my leave, which I had from January 1st to June 24th. The pay for the period following May 17th didn't arrive, so I called NAV, and they told me the money had been paid to my university, University of Stavanger. When I called the handling administrative at my university, I was told she was on sick leave, and that I would have to make contact with her early autumn. And so I did this week - only to hear that UiS thinks that NAV has made (yet another) mistake - the money should never have been transferred to them, but straight to me, since I had graded parental leave combined with a 20% contract at UiS. The result? That pay for some 40 days have not yet been received by me, and that UiS will now ask NAV to pay it to me, some 3 months late.

All in all this means that only the pay for April and half of May has been paid on time. Apart from that, NAV's payments have been 3 months late. And this is how I make a living...

See also:

 

No comments: