Tuesday 16 June 2009

Academic news in brief III: Attested, revised, and wild

1. The annual attestation review for doctoral students at Department of Semiotics will take place this Friday. Last Thursday I submitted my 6 pp. Attestation review for the academic year 2008-2009 (with a 'Revised plan of study and research' for the academic year 2009-2010 included).

2. The Journal of Environmental philosophy has responded to my submission 'Notes toward a natural history of the phenomenal world', which they want me to re-submit in a partly rewritten form. I am currently studying the naturalization of phenomenology.

3. The anthology now entitled 'Environment, embodiment and history', to be edited by Johannes Servan (University of Bergen) and Ane Faugstad Aarø (Hermes Text/UiB) moves forward. Of 10 confirmed contributors so far, I am the most Junior one.

"The anthology will have a theoretical approach that is grounded in phenomenology, but we welcome contributions from various theoretical schools that will address, criticize or discuss the phenomenological tradition within the questions of environment and embodiment."

My contribution might concern both the conception of an Uexküllian phenomenology and my work with Scandinavian wolf management. The editors are further challenging me to address the topic of 'wildness' in its relation to taming, control and domination.

No comments: